Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Celtic Prayer

I recently found this prayer in a book of Celtic spiritual writings, and I was really inspired. It's a great reminder of God's continued presence and sustenance in all of creation's wonder. It's also a challenge to entrust the care of my soul in the hands of that same God.


O Son of God, perform a miracle for me: change my heart. You whose crimson blood redeems mankind, whiten my heart.

It is you who makes the sun bright and the ice sparkle; you who makes the rivers flow and the salmon leap.

Your skilled hand makes the nut tree blossom, and the corn turn golden; your Spirit composes the songs of the birds and the buzz of the bees.

Your creation is a million wondrous miracles, beautiful to behold. I ask of you just one more miracle: beautify my soul.

(from Robert Van de Weyer, ed., "Celtic Fire.")

2 comments:

smkyqtzxtl said...

I am so glad I stopped by here to read your blog and find this beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing it. I paused and prayed here.

Randy Roda said...

Amen!