Thursday, May 29, 2008

Movin' On Up to the East Side...

...of Grand Rapids, Michigan, that is.

That's right, folks. After over 8 years of wonderful ministry here in Western Pennsylvania (5 in New Castle, 3 in Gibsonia), I regret to report that my wife Cherith and I are "pressing onward" in our ministry and will be moving to Michigan. We have prayed, sought the advice of trusted mentors, and believe that God has called us to serve in a new capacity. At the end of June, I will be leaving my position as Director of Youth and Outreach Ministries at Bakerstown United Methodist Church, to answer a new call as Pastor of Worship and Family Ministries at Saranac Community Church.

I can't say enough about my time at Bakerstown UMC. I have grown in my faith and in my professional abilities, and have had the opportunity to work with some incredible Christians. In particular, I need to give kudos to Rev. Mark Stewart for allowing me to partner with him in leadership. He is a gifted administrator, a gracious pastor, and certainly a valuable asset to the Western PA Conference (as I'm sure many of you know).

Unfortunately, my new position is not with the United Methodist Church. I do not in any way believe that God has called me away from Methodism. Rather, I see this new open door as an invitation from God to broaden my outlook of Kingdom ministry, and as a chance to utilize my major gifts of teaching, spiritual formation, and music for His glory.

I hope you all will continue to stop by this blog from time to time. I have loved being included in this conversation about our common goal of following Christ and providing leadership for His people, and I have been challenged by many of you. For that, I say a huge thanks!

6 comments:

Eric Park said...

Uh...Wow!

What can I say but this, brother:

I am praying for you and Cherith as you enter into a new season of life and ministry.

I look forward to maintaining our connection through blogging.

God's blessings upon you, upon Bakerstown UMC, and upon Saranac Community Church.

Jeff Vanderhoff said...

You'll be missed! I hope it all works out well for you as you continue to seek God's direction. Let's try to get together before you leave! God bless, Jeff

Keith H. McIlwain said...

I will keep you in prayer! Our loss is Michigan's gain. May God continue to bless you and all you do for Christ's Kingdom!

Jeff Kahl said...

Thank you, guys.
Keep up the blogging!

Brett Probert said...

You rock brother. You're prayed for, and proud of!

Chris said...

Sorry this is so late... Congrats and I will be praying for you.