Monday, March 31, 2008

Rockin' Worship, Part II


So it's official: Eucatastrophe is #1!

That's right! The youth praise band of Bakerstown UMC took first prize in the first Battle of the Bands here in the North Hills! Over 200 youth gathered at Hampton Presbyterian Church to hear some great youth praise bands and to support the North Hills Youth Ministry Counseling Center!

I was so proud of my band members and the other youth of Bakerstown UMC... they displayed their passion, they got everyone excited, they were respectful of all the participants, and Christ was glorified in their behavior and their worship. What's more, some of my youth invited their unchurched friends, and they all wanted to hang out with us after the evening was over. I get the distinct impression that I'll see those teens again, and that our group will be able to continue to witness to them what life with Christ is all about.

It was such an incredible evening! Kudos to Brian Wallace, youth pastor at Hampton Pres., for organizing the event, and to the other bands that participated.

I agree with the comments of my brother in Christ, Jesse Siefert, who was at the event and who is the youth pastor at Whitehall Presbyterian Church. He said that God is definitely doing a work in this new generation of young people, and he believes that God is going to use them to make a difference here in Pittsburgh!

I heard that other United Methodist Church youth had a great weekend at Blaze in Downtown Pittsbrugh with 400 youth in attendance....even more evidence that Jesse's vision seems to be true.

Will you join me in praying for the young people in this area, that God's Spirit will move in their hearts and will challenge them to do great things in the name of Jesus Christ? Let that be our prayer and our passion!

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - I Timothy 4:12

1 comment:

Eric Park said...

Well done Eucatastrophe!

And well done Jeff!

Thanks for allowing yourself to be such an important instrument of God in the lives of so many youth.

I am grateful for your ministry.