Thursday, October 29, 2009

No More Theology!

At least for the rest of 2009.

I recently made the commitment that I would read no more books of theology for the rest of the year, and instead focus on reading books only for pleasure, including some that I've been hoping to read for a while.

Apparently some friends of mine--and indeed my own wife--do not believe that I have the self-control and will-power to avoid the temptation of sneaking a peek at the writings of Aquinas, Calvin, Edwards, or (God forbid) Wesley.

I usually make "reading lists" to keep me on task, so to prove to my friends that at least my intentions are true, here are the eight books I have slated to enjoy until the New Years' Day:

Walker Percy, The Thanatos Syndrome
Charles Williams, All Hallow's Eve
Agatha Christie, Death on the Nile
Dorothy L. Sayers, Clouds of Witness
Mickey Spillane, One Lonely Night
Henrik Ibsen, Rosmersholm
Edmund Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac
James Ellroy, Clandestine

So, to all you unbelievers out there, wish me happy reading!

No comments: