Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Conservative Alternative

Earlier today I read an article written by Governor Bobby Jindal (R - Louisiana), which was published in The Washington Post. The article can be found in full here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/04/AR2009100402003_pf.html

I have been praying that the Republicans would cease their usual method of merely attacking the Democrats' health care reform agenda (ala Rush, Hannity, Coulter, etc...) or their equally odious method of kowtowing to the Democrats on all fundamental issues (ala John McCain and many, many others), and instead offer a rational, constructive vision for health care reform based on consistent conservative principles.

This article by Jindal is the first I've seen that seems a true answer to my prayers. It is intelligent and clearly outlined, and seems to be based on a desire to address the real concerns of the American people (rather than a discredited ideology and dubious special interest groups, as the Liberals' plan does). I realize this is just an outline, and I'm not saying I agree with every word of it, but it is nice to see this kind of proactiveness coming from the Right these days.

Many early analysis shows Jindal to be a frontrunner for the Republican nomination in the 2012 Presidential election. I have seen him on TV only a few times, and I don't know his position on all issues facing our nation. But I intend to watch him with great interest in the future.

No comments: